Russian drone attacks police officers working at site of truck strike in Kharkiv
According to Ukrinform, the Kharkiv City Council reported this on Telegram.
"This morning, the enemy carried out a second strike on law enforcement officers who were working at the site of the earlier enemy attack on a truck. While heading to the scene, employees of the Department of Emergency Situations noticed the officers. The law enforcement personnel were promptly evacuated to a safe location," the statement said.
The head of the Kharkiv Patrol Police, Viktor Levchenko, told Suspilne that the officers had managed to move to a safe distance before the strike and therefore were not injured in the second attack.
"This is a common Russian tactic. They hit the truck with what I understand was a loitering drone. Patrol officers initially received the call as a traffic accident. After arriving and realizing it was actually an FPV drone strike, a second drone arrived and hit our vehicle," Levchenko explained.

As previously reported, on the morning of May 21, Russian troops attacked a moving cargo truck with an FPV drone, killing the 40-year-old driver. Afterward, a section of the M-03 Kyiv-Kharkiv-Dovzhanskyi highway between kilometer 491 and kilometer 501 (from Feldman Ecopark to the Lypci intersection) was closed to traffic.
First photo: Suspilne Kharkiv
Схожі новини