UK | EN |
LIVE
Авто 🇺🇸 США

Ford Could Bring Back One Of Its Best Hatchbacks For Europe: Report

Motor1 2 переглядів 17 хв читання
Ford Could Bring Back One Of Its Best Hatchbacks For Europe: Report
HomeFordNews Ford Could Bring Back One Of Its Best Hatchbacks For Europe: Report

Ford knows that fans love the Fiesta, and the company recently hinted at its return in Europe.

Ford Fiesta ST Europe Photo by: Ford Jeff Perez Jeff Perez By: Jeff Perez May 20, at 1:00pm ET Add Motor1.com as a preferred source in Google Share Comment

the breakdown

  • Ford Europe President Jim Baumbick hinted at a Fiesta revival in Europe.
  • A new Fiesta would likely be electric, though Ford could also offer a hybrid version.
  • Ford is planning several new vehicles globally, including affordable EVs in the US.

The Ford Fiesta was one of Europe’s most beloved small hatchbacks before it was discontinued in 2023. Now, there are growing rumors that Ford could revive the popular five-door model overseas.

In an interview with the BBC, Ford Europe President Jim Baumbick hinted that the company may have future plans for the Fiesta. While he stopped short of confirming its return, his comments certainly leave the door open. Baumbick said:

'I have nothing to share today, but I can assure you that there is no doubt in my mind. I know there's so much love for the Fiesta and the Fiesta name, and we'll have some news to share in the future.'

It’s still unclear what kind of powertrain a next-generation Fiesta would use, but Ford continues to invest heavily in EV production across Europe. A fully electric Fiesta seems likely, though a hybrid version would also make sense.

Calling the Fiesta popular in Europe would almost be an understatement. Since its debut in 1976, Ford sold more than 22 million units globally before production ended a few years ago. Although the Fiesta disappeared from the US market in 2019, it remained on sale in Europe alongside its sibling, the Focus, for several more years.

Ford Fiesta ST Europe

European Ford Fiesta ST

Photo by: Ford

Ford's Future

The Fiesta isn’t the only model Ford appears to have planned for Europe and other global markets. The company has already hinted at several new vehicles for the region.

Ford CEO Jim Farley previously said the automaker has "exciting plans" for Europe, suggesting passenger cars could make a major comeback. That could potentially include the return of models like the Fiesta and Focus.

What do you think? View Comments

Meanwhile, in the US, Ford is preparing multiple new products, including a $30,000 electric truck and possibly even a passenger car priced below $40,000.

Motor1's Take: Ford bringing back passenger cars would be a welcome move. Models like the Fiesta and Focus built loyal followings thanks to their practicality, affordability, and fun driving dynamics, and their return could help fill a gap left by the industry’s shift toward SUVs.

Ford Believes Forcing EV Mandates In Europe Will Backfire Ford Is Building A 'Premium' Bronco With Filson's Help Ford Is Launching Seven New Vehicles In Europe The Ford F-150 Is Officially Going To Europe

We want your opinion!

What would you like to see on Motor1.com?

Take our 3 minute survey.

- The Motor1.com Team

Share this Story GO TO COMMENTS ( ) Got a tip for us? Email: tips@motor1.com View all comments ( )

RECOMMENDED FOR YOU

Ford Recalls 45K Cars Because The Doors Might Fly Open While Driving

I Drove The Manual Nissan Z Nismo—And It Fixes Everything

30 Discontinued Cars That Won't Make It To 2024

A New Nissan Skyline Is Coming Soon. Here's Everything We Know

Ford Confirms Fiesta Production Ending In 2023, Teases Puma EV

'Somebody’s Probably Watching These': Texas Man Goes To Pump Gas At H-E-B. Then He Realizes What The Person Behind Him Is Doing

Ford Fiesta Production To End By The Middle Of 2023: Report

Поділитися

Схожі новини